Monthly Archives: January 2015

Greek Elections

There is a lesson in the Greek election result.  Politicians can push a population so far but then it decides enough is enough and will go where no-one dared to go.  With 25% unemployed, an economy shrunk by 20% it’s … Continue reading

Posted in Political, Uncategorized | Comments Off on Greek Elections

Wealthiest 1% in the world and overseas aid

This week there is surprise that Oxfam claim the wealthiest 1% own more than the other 99% in the world. Another surprise is that a not too large £550,000 puts you into that 1%. With £55,000 you are in the … Continue reading

Posted in Political, Uncategorized | Comments Off on Wealthiest 1% in the world and overseas aid

Trident replacement?

The North West has an interest in the Trident replacement.  The submarines are built in Barrow and an alternative solution may involve aircraft from Lancashire. Nuclear weapons are a horror there can be little doubt.   They are unanswerable in conflict … Continue reading

Posted in Industrial, Political, Technological, Uncategorized | Comments Off on Trident replacement?

2015 General Election Forecasts, Lancashire

There will be a lot of General Election forecasts between now and May.  We found a seat by seat forecast written by Ian Dale who has Conservative leanings but has nothing to gain by being wrong.  So below is a … Continue reading

Posted in Political | Comments Off on 2015 General Election Forecasts, Lancashire